The Lonely Whale



Here I am and still here, I cannot go away. 
By now the skin of the feet has become hard as the stone on which I remain to observe the sea. 
Everything I have forgotten, of my life. 
But I can't do without you. 

Remember, on this beach we kissed for the first time. 
A kiss stolen from the eyes of the world. In the evening. 
When the moon melted its gold into ten thousand fragments on the water. 
We knew it was an impossible love. 
But not even the whole sea ahead of us could have extinguished the flame that burned every millimeter of our skin. 

Other times we have come back to this beach. It had now become ours. 
But you replaced tears and silences for the initial smiles. Month after month. 
You held my hand in yours, brought it to your lips and kissed it, your cheeks streaked with pain. 
Our law of love would never have overcome the ancient law of men, of your family, of their promise to give you to other hands that would have caressed your body. 

Then you ran without saying anything towards the sea and you dived, and you swam, as if you wanted to fool my heart, tired of seeing you cry when we should have only smiled at our happiness.

Maybe, at first, it seemed like a pause of silence between the notes already written by others in their score. But love has set a trap for us. 
I never wanted anyone else but you. And you the same for me. 

Then came the evening when you did not arrive at our time which, by now, even the trees knew. 
I sat on the sand and looked at the street between the stones. The headlights of cars gliding along the road above the beach. 
But nothing. 

Every night I went back there for a long time. 
I didn't have the courage to come to you. 

I couldn't speak in any way. 
I only observed the sky and asked the moon for your news, because the moon sees and knows everything. 

I don't want to believe they managed to tear me out of your veins. 
I don't want to know anything. 
I hold my ears in my hands, I don't want any voice.

I do not believe it. For me, love always wins. 
I come back here every day, and every night. 
For years now. 
I'll never want anyone else but you. 

I'm standing on the edge of the rock. And I look at the sea.


My love, do you know the story of the loneliest whale in the world? 
It is a sad story. 
It is the story of a whale that was discovered in 1989 by recording the frequency of her song. 
This whale sang her love song at 52 hertz, like the lowest note of a tuba. She wanders in the ocean, singing her special song in search of the whale that will be ready to love her. 
But the song of the other whales does not exceed 20 hertz.

So this whale waits a whole year to reach the place, in the abyss of the ocean, to sing its short songs of a few seconds each. But no whale will ever hear it.

That is why she is called the loneliest whale in the world. 

And here I am, staring at the sea.
To sing my love song.

Can you listen to it? Can you hear me?

Can  you  hear  me?

Can   you   hear   me?

 



About the story of Whale 52Hz:

The 52 Hertz Whale


The Loneliest Whale



 

Italian version

Comments

  1. Sweet but touching.
    Melancholic.

    But also with hope.

    Indah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate this😭😭😭

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just showing your effective style of affecting others by triggering all types of emotions.

      Delete
    2. Yes, I hope can do this...

      Delete
  3. I have.................no words................for this.....................¿¿¿

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment