My Indonesia

“This is your country

we are not tourists here”

(Wiji Thukul, from “Poem for Dadi”, 1987)

 


The time has come to talk about Indonesia.

What is certain is that, if it was difficult to choose ten photographs and stories for Malaysia, it's absolutely impossible to do the same for Indonesia.

I have been there more than five times, for several months, since the first time in 2010, and it was the first country to open the magic doors of Asia to me, apart from a short one-week stay in the Philippines more than fifteen years ago.

So, I give up, and if I have given myself the limit of ten photographs I have to respect it.


 


 

Indonesia is huge with its 17 thousand islands, and its extension which is as large as all of Europe in width. It has an ethnic variety and a historical and artistic richness that cannot be told in a few lines; many, then, have been the activities that I have carried out in that country over the years.

If you want, my first trips are collected in my photographic book Kampungku Indonesia (Mizan, 2016) which has had some success.

So I decided to show you the beauty of some places; more a visual journey than in words, and since you have understood by now how much I care about the tradition and life of the villages, I want to show you what I mean with your own eyes.

Ten stories for ten cities.

 


 

Have a good trip...

 




Italian version

Comments


  1. Di mana bumi di pijak
    Di situ langit di junjung...

    Always love...always remember...always keep...though have to leave everything behind.

    Semangat..!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Indonesia too 😍😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indonesia is beautiful country...Dari Sabang sampai Merauke...10 cerita rasanya kurang hehe...
    i will waiting your stories ..semangat

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment