Euthanasia of a love




I – Sweet the song of your face
warm and sad
your iridescent universe
and I fade away
gently
at the sound of your voice
and I am amazed
abandoned
without your shadow nearby.


II – I don't live I don't die
suspended in your reflection
dazzling
I forget the Eternals
Winters
of my mind
and I head toward the Light
that your panting emanates
and in this endless race
my soul becomes human again.


III – The man threw a Rose seed
among the nettles and with simplicity
of those who die
this he called Love.
But in other fields, it grows
the inexhaustible flower
and I have nothing but scratches
on the hard surface
of my hands
and blood I lost yesterday
and blood I'll lose tomorrow.


IV – I would like to hide
in your old girl's heart
to savor the stars that multiply in you.


V – I dream of you in the night
walking with an I that I don't know
and you talk to us carefree
but He doesn't give me answers.
I get agitated, then, and try to wake up
to restore balance
of a mirror that does not reflect me.


VI – I see an old flower
your face broke up
perfumed with poetry
but each petal is closed
and with delusion, I try
undress your universe
but I can hardly succeed
to see the thorns
that line your neck
and crazy I kiss it
leaving in the space
a trail of blood in love.


VII – You don't see my shadow
rise to Venus and Mercury,
you don't see my breath
becoming ashes touched by light,
you don't see my hand
tremble like an abandoned river
and the eye flees fearful
towards depths of shame?
Don't you realize that I am sick?


VIII – I don't live I don't die
in the corners of the wall
set aside
thinking about the Prism
of my eyes
reflecting your Light.


IX – I looked in the mirror
the bowels of my sentiment
roses from the worms of the silent
and like a lonely idiot
I wrote my sad testament:
but perhaps this Calvary of mine is not grim
“Old jester, raise the curtain!”


X - “Like dogs, I feel the need for infinity...” *
Last stone of the decisive Pyramid
Ninth tentacle of the Octopus of Love
Eighth day of the New Calendar
Seventh string of Sensual Viola
Sixth line of the delicate Pentagram
Fifth season of a Year without shadows
Fourth number beyond Perfection
Third wing of fantastic Bird
Double Absolute
Unique beyond Nothing.
“Like dogs, I feel the need for infinity...”


XI – Terrestrial is my nature
but my panting is unnatural.
In love is my fear
and fear is my desire to love.


XII – In a world of dreams
I created your face
similar to mine
and with a breath of life
I have equaled God.


XIII – If the night lost its stars
I would always have my dream
to illuminate the way
which inevitably leads to you.


XIV – On me I have the eye of the tree
and the lips of the bush
and I love them.
Your eye is made of bark
and the lips are red berries
between the leaves of the face.
Like your high branches
your gaze
towards an elliptical sky
of chlorophyll.
I love timeless streams
that the fools call
stupidly
hair.
I sing the sobs
owls hidden in the fragrant tangle
of your flesh
and if the clouds darken your sky
then let's create the wind with me
that will sweep them away
to other skies.


XV – It doesn't matter
what will jackals think of me,
I will never grant them my failure,
my total defeat.
Only mine
it will be a pleasure
to hear the last breath
of a feeling born mute.
It has no grave or cemetery
the euthanasia of my Love –
The humble jester has no pretensions.


XVI – Here is the last entry
of a sunset without dawn
that tear does not claim.
Power to you
to create a new day.



28 September 1992

* LautrΓ©amont: "The Songs of Maldoror"





Italian version

Comments

  1. LOVE IT. How fascinating is your old poem. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect exercise for my sleepy brain😊. I needed to dive in their depthness and float back hoping to grasp some air..eventually, I was drowned😊. Salute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rhythm of your lines and spaces are amazing.
    Feel like flying beautifully cradled between the clouds...full of love.πŸ’ž

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful words and phase although i'm not deeply understand that. But i love it so much.😍

    May be i should request to you to have a class. Study about poem. Hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best study is reading a lot, everything πŸ“–✌️

      Delete
  5. Sorry, phrase not phase. I can't edit the typo.πŸ™ˆ

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment