"The Photographs I Love" – Series

I want a History of Looking.
(Roland Barthes)




Let's go back to talking about Photography. 

I have decided to start a new series. I would like to try to choose some of the photographs I love most and explain why.  I know, it's a titanic operation.  Even Stefano Mirabella and Fabio Moscatelli, during their interviews, were also in great difficulty in picking the names of their favorite authors or photographers to recommend. 

The world of Photography is as immense as an ocean, and choosing only single photographs per author is madness.  But each of us has images that remain etched in the eyes and in the memory. 

Sometimes linked to the photographer's entire path and existence, other times as images in themselves.  Obviously, some of the photographers I have chosen will be among the most famous and essential, this does not mean that they should be abandoned to their Olympus. 

Photographs exist to be retrieved and observed hundreds of times: this is their strength.  I would not even want to use too much the term “beautiful” which I know would make many critics frown upon. I, honestly, have no intention of making technical or academics speeches on the chosen authors. I am not entitled. 

Mine is a private choice: some photographs that I cannot and don't want to forget. They are simply an act of love for Photography. It's not about agreeing with me or not. 

It is a private trip, and I hope it will give you something.



Italian version

Comments

  1. I can't wait to read about the new series of photography that you will write and published here.

    Teruja.Sungguh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only photographer, I think most of us has images that remain in our eyes and memories.

    Interesting topic for sure. Go for it sir 💪💪💪

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every each of the photos own a story to be keep as memory.
    As you said...
    Photographs exist to be retrieved and observed hundreds of times:this is their strength.(StefanoRomano)

    Totally agree...!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment