Travel to Italy (1)


“...and then, I have nature and art and poetry, and if that is not enough, what is enough?” (Vincent Van Gogh)

Lungotevere at night. Rome, 17 November 2019

I have never been an expert in landscape or tourist photography. So, it makes me smile at the many requests of my friends to see even a little bit of Italy, not always Asia or at least foreigners in Rome. After all, it has been my life for ten years, if I took pictures of the cities, it was just as a side filler for other activities. 

Of course, Rome is my city, but I rarely felt like going out specifically to photograph it.

But, isn't it also true that photographs are boats that bring people where we want? And now, when travel has become an unknown factor, we never know when we will be able to do it again. 
So, how? Everything has become more difficult, so it's fine, why not...

Don't take these photographs of mine as something serious and exhaustive of the cities that I show you, but simply as postcards from my Italy, for you who are isolated in the walls of your home, far and curious.

Sit down, breathe a sigh and let's go...
I hope to give you a nice trip.

Let's start from Rome, my city:
Republic square. 30 December 2019

Tiber Island. November 10, 2019

Lungotevere, 17 November 2019

View of Rome from the Pincio. Villa Borghese. 22 November 2019

Villa d'Este in Tivoli, near Rome:
Tivoli
Milan in Lombardy:
Milan Cathedral. 18 December 2011

Milan Cathedral. 18 December 2011

Milan Cathedral. 18 December 2011
  
Navigli, 18 December 2011

Venice, in the Veneto:
Venice, 24 April 2016

Venice, 24 April 2016

Venice, 24 April 2016

Venice, 24 April 2016

Venice, 24 April 2016

San Marco square. 10 May 2017

The Marmore Falls in Terni:
13 May 2018

13 May 2018

Comments

  1. Yesss...this is the true taste of Italy...land of love as Shakespeare said...the nature is the art of God's love...the love shines through everywhere...
    This is really deep down travelling...tremendously great...enjoy every steps of it...even just in a dream...
    and still dreaming in my land...hahaha
    Thank you so much,Tuan...for willing to capture and share all those lovely photos...nice great shot...no words can describe...speechless...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Subhanallah.
    Such a beautiful scenery.
    I'm speechless.

    Indah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking at all these photos make me a bit sad... But at the same time, you already bring me there through your beautiful photos of Italy.
    Thanks to you. Lombardy, Tuscani, Milan,Rome, Venice....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Photography can help also for this, right?

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the amazing photos. A tour to your country - that I never dreamed of going. But now my eyes can savour the beauty. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment