And You Cry



One day you will come back 
but nobody will recognize you.
"I have the money, the car, a big house."
"But who are you, Dad?"
"Mom is just a word ...
but do you know how many years you leave me alone? "
And you cry and scar.
“I have washed so many clothes
that fingers taste like soap,
for what?"
The school, the clothes, the hospital
a better life...
"One day you will come back with me,
we will travel by the subway
and many monuments and love ... "
Pain is not filled with money.
"Do you know how many years you leave us alone?"
And you cry and scar,
hidden to those who
smiles at you everyday
among the fruit stands
and the washing machines.

Dedicated to Bayani, to all migrant workers..
Rome, 14 December 2019




Italian version

Comments

  1. A strong one is one who able to smile this morning like wasn't crying last night.
    We are all migrants through time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart cry. Deep and touching.

    Maknanya terlekat dihati.
    Isinya dekat dijiwa.

    Congrats.
    Beautiful poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Naaamaan.. That hurts. But I am stonecold... Passive.. Pusong bato. Need to be, that is my defense mechanism to remain afloat.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment