Let’s Start Writing!

I am tired of talking about the Corona Virus, because here in Italy every day on television and in the newspapers there is no mention of anything else, with the bulletin of the infected and the dead.

My friends asked me to write, to talk about what I love and about Photography, since I have to stay home for a long time. My alumni and friends know that I don't like talking about my photos, and in my courses and lessons I always show pictures of others; and that with writing I have a relation of love and hate. Anyway, well, if this can distract from death I do it starting today, maybe another book will be born: "Sweet Light" was born from collecting some of my writings on Facebook.

I will post in two languages, Italian and English. Because in my language I write much better, but in English it can reach more people.

But first something different.

I believe in Art and Beauty as a form of struggle against Darkness and Suffering. And also a continuous inspiration for my work. Therefore, in these times of confinement, it's better to get lost in what we love and share it.

Here is an artist that I discovered in Dhaka and that I love very much, finding in his drawings and paintings Bangladesh that is still in my eyes, projected in an earlier time that I have not seen, but that I can live in these paintings.




S. M. Sultan: "Husking rice 1" - Oil, 1989
Bangladesh Shilpakala Academy





Comments