The Dream

I had a dream I lost it
I don't remember
it was small and then it grew
maybe it has faded over time
I whistle it but it's not
if I listen to it I'm deaf.

It is a dream, indeed
or rather, it was
and I don't know where to find it
but I need it
my heart is tired of being awake.

I had a dream I lost it;
a mountain crashes into the chest
heavy heavy heavy
I look for the dream sitting on the shore.

Mom! Do you remember?
Maybe you know where it went
you know everything, you
fragile, little, strong.

Let me lay my head on your chest
as a verb that has only one subject,
cradle me like you did in the hospital
in those days when the dream began to scream.

Oh mother, how much you have suffered
and even more so if you know me,
what an illusion to think that you know
if I instead still ignore myself.

Perhaps having that dream back means
to return, close to the essence;
but I know, mother, we can't.
We resign ourself to the present
I lost and you deluded
looking at the sand that falls into the glass.

Rome, 14 December 2019



Comments

  1. Personal but universal theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is too short to spend at war with yourself...never feel guilty for doing the best of you...never forget how far you have come...be stronger than emotions...don't lose...give a little grace to yourself...your queen will always proud of you for whatever you are @nitaRAF

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice. But lebih suka Italian Version.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment