Lionell Lanuzo: Filipino Fashion Style in Italy (Session One)

Piazza di Spagna. ROME – 10 July 2020


I met the young stylist Lionell the first time, in my city, for a multi-ethnic fashion show, in 2018. He immediately seemed to me as a humble man and with great desire to do his job well, to pursue his passion that is in fashion.

It's not easy to emerge in this area, especially for one who comes from far places of the world such as the Philippines. In my life I have met several famous and emerging Filipino designers. Some of them, as well as Lionell, have chosen to live in Milan: the city of fashion in Italy.


Born in San Fernando, Pampanga Philippines, he has started his journey in the fashion world from just two years ago, but he has already participated with his creations in the Multi Ethnic Fashion 2018, in Rome, with other stylists from various parts of the world.

 

Lionell Christian Lanuzo. Photo taken from his FB profile

He says for us:

“I am Lionell Christian Lanuzo, born in the Philippines and flew here in the Italy when I was 13 years old. Studied Chemical Engineering in Milan but basically my love and passion for art and design brought me to the fashion scene two years ago. I am 32 years old but my desire to create artworks goes way back to my years of childhood.

I started making designs for competitions and pageants. But since then I wanted to challenge my personal capacity to think outside the box and do things that I myself could not imagine doing. Paper, plastic spoons and shells, those were basically the materials that I used to create my designs. Craziness and intricacy mixed with detail and a lot of patience these are the tools that I usually use to make my designs distinct and noticeable. 

Being also a Filipino 'Pinoy', I wanted to make a stand that Filipino designers are so talented and can compete in the Fashion scene, especially here in Italy..

These current designs that I made featuring ball gowns, long-gowns and Modern Barongs depict my transformation in making elegant dresses using cloth and fabrics, a change from my usual non-conventional materials.”.




When he came to Rome again, he called me to make a shooting of his new collection. The splendid location of Piazza di Spagna was chosen, with two changes of clothes, before and after sunset.

These are some of the photos.

 

Best of luck to the young designer. Mabuhay!

 

PHOTOSHOOT
Showcasing the New Collection of Lionell Christian P. Lanuzo 2020

High Couture
Evening Dresses

Models:
Carla Kristine Canillas
Nicole Severo
Caryll Noemi
Alona Cochon
Kevin Fichera
Abs Hima
Alessio Mucci

Make-Up: Genwen Tuason

 


 





The beautiful Piazza di Spagna, in the heart of Rome, in the evening.

 

 

 

About Lionell show in Rome (in Tagalog): Mga Pinoy, tinanghal na Best Designer at Best Model

His FB profile: https://www.facebook.com/lionell.lanuzo

Video: FILIPINO ARTISTS IN THE FASHION INDUSTRY 





Comments

  1. Study chemical engineering but turn out to be fashion designer. Wow! Passion is the key word if we want to become great in whatever we do.

    The dress look stunning in your photo.

    Bravo to both Lionell the great designer and you the great photographer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really really thanks! Right, passion is the key word 😊😊

      Delete
  2. Wow.

    Interesting and impressed when read profile about the fashion designer.

    I know it is not an easy decision to jump from chemical engineering to the different field such as a fashion.

    But he is so brave to do that.

    So inspired. Until now i'm still not brave enough to do like him.

    Nice story. Thanks for sharing.

    Btw, the dress is also beautiful. I dreaming wear it. 🀭

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always about fire of passion and follow your dreams 😊πŸ’ͺ

      Delete
  3. Wow...tremendously amazing...loved all the night dresses....especially the white greyish.

    Arts live in everyone life...even in the solid chemical brain like him.

    Big applause to his work with great shot from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice dress and photos. And you are lucky because Piazza di Spagna still empty on weekend. Hahaa.

      Delete
    2. Yes, true, now Rome like this... Better for shooting πŸ˜ŠπŸ“·

      Delete
  5. Best design from creative designer,
    best shot from great photografer.
    Stunning background offered by Italy. Nature and men blend together nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really deep thanks πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ™

      Delete
  6. Very beautiful clothes and stunning models.
    Awesome photos as always. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Passion will move men beyond themselves, beyond their shortcomings, beyond their failures.” — Joseph Campbell
    Nice Photos ...Nice Share
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya passion is the key... ThanksπŸ™

      Delete
  8. "Yes, here within thy sanctified walls there's a soul in each object,
    ROMA eternal. For me, only, are all things yet mute.
    Who will then tell me in whispers and where must I find just the window
    Where one day she'll be glimpsed: creature who'll scorch me with love?
    Can't I divine yet the paths through which over and over
    To her and from her I'll go, squandering valuable time?
    Visiting churches and palaces, all of the ruins and the pillars,
    I, a responsible man, profit from making this trip.
    With my business accomplished, ah, then shall only one temple,
    AMOR's temple alone, take the initiate in.
    Rome, thou art a whole world, it is true, and yet without love this
    World would not be the world, Rome would cease to be Rome..."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow.
    Interesting and impressive. It was not an easy journey but you did that, it is quite impressive.
    Sasha is fashion stylist and model. For more information about fashion visit the site.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment