Italian-Indonesian Lesson: Me and Nadila



In 2012, the famous television program “Jazirah Islam” of the TRANS7 channel, came to Rome to interview me: it's a program that airs every month of Ramadan in Indonesia, with a very wide audience.

That episode was one of the most watched, and since then I stayed in touch with the crew of the program, and the camera-man who came to Rome, Bon Bon, later became the producer of the program in subsequent editions and one of my dearest friends.

From that moment, when they returned to Italy, I was a fixer, a facilitator for logistics and a linguistic mediator.

In 2016 it was the most intense time, the “Jazirah Islam” crew returned to Italy for a month, to interview some Muslim girls in different cities: for a few weeks me, Nadila Fitria the presenter, Irfan on the video-camera, spent every day together in Rome, Milan, Cesena, Turin and Venice.

Those were tiring but very fun days. Nadila and me (best wishes for the new baby on the way!) became great friends and still are.

During breaks from the program, in the same hotel, we spent time doing fun and crazy things.

One day, in our hotel rooms, we came up with the idea of making videos: she wanted to learn Italian, so we make – for pure fun – these two short videos on our languages. They went viral.

I want to post them here again, because every time I see her burst out laughing at the end of the video I still don't hold back, and I laugh like a madman: laughter is contagious and, in these times, laughing is very good.


Part 1
 
Part 2
Cesena. Italy, 23 April 2016


Jazirah Islam - Muslimah Di Industri Seni Italia (15/6/16) 3-2

 



Comments

  1. The languange video is so funny. Fun!

    But i like the documentary video. Because i can see the view and beautiful scenery in Italy. Also about muslim's life there.

    For me is great!
    Kagum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya ada lihat ini on your fb. Nadila cantik. Bicaranya mantap and full of energy. Send my regards to Nadila Fitria. Jadi ingat juga sama Ade and Dini Fitria - IndoMali 😄

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can speak more languages ​​is best...able to master the languages is great...
    Being both will make you easily accepted as one of them.
    Nice sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, just for fun but contagious laugh 😁😁

      Delete
  4. Video yang lucu...
    Susah sepertinya bahasa italy heheh
    Saya sangat suka acara Jazairah Islam memperlihatkan sejarah islam di dunia
    Banyak peninggalan sejarah islam di roma ...
    Terima kasih Stef dan Nadila untuk mengenal bahasa Indonesia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have watched this video before a few time n never failed to make me smile. It's fun!

    Both of you so funny n cute☺️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job. it's fun and enjoy watching

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really entertaining... Tell us more about Muslim in Italy Stef. Congrats... And Oh ya... I also gigling watching the video clip 😁

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment